One of the biggest differences between using a âfill in the webformâ carrier to ship your exhibit and using an experienced tradeshow logistics provider like ELITeXPO, is that we verify the details to make sure that your exhibit materials arrive to each event on-time and without issue.
To be as detailed as we are, we need to have as much information about not only your shipment, but about the event itself. Therefore, we need to look at the information that is in the Exhibitor Kit/Manual that is provided to each exhibitor by Show Management or the hosting Association. In the past, these kits/manuals were easily accessible via the eventâs website or the General Contractorâs website. Lately, they have been secured on these sites and access is only available via the exhibitorâs username and password. This means that your ELITeXPO representative may now ask you to send them the exhibitor kit/manual or provide them with the login information to view it for themselves.
What details are we looking for?
- Addresses â Advanced Receiving Warehouse & Show Venue
- Hall / Room Details â Which hall or room is the event in? Will our driver have to go inside to a ballroom or is there a dock?
- Dates/Times â Advanced Receiving dates/times, Shipment Move-In & Move-Out dates/times, Freight Carrier Check-In /dates/times, Event dates/times, Force dates/times.
- Is the Move-In or Move-Out Targeted? If so, what date/time applies for your booth number and/or size?
- Additional Shipping Instructions â Special requirements. Is freight pickup and delivery allowed directly at the venue itself or are all deliveries and/or recoveries being handled at the Advanced Warehouse?
- EAC Form â If ELITeXPO is doing the exhibit Installation and/or Dismantle
What else will we ask you for?
- On-Site Exhibitor Contact Information
- Hotel Shows â Do you have contact information for whom you have been speaking with at the hotel?
What are things an exhibitor might not think to look for in an Exhibitor Kit/Manual?
- General Contractorâs Labor Costs â Completing and Submitting the Labor Payment Form
- Other forms that must be completed and submitted before the show. â Electrical Requirements, Audio/Visual, Furniture, Floral, etc.
- Exhibitor Self-Install – Is the client able to setup/takedown the display themselves, including electric, and/or any other âlaborâ required. There are new safety and security protocols in place due to Covid-19. Some venues now require all labor to be performed by OSHA certified laborers. Additional insurance riders may also be required.
- Covid Safety Procedures â Booth distancing requirements, cleaning requirements, etc.
- What Comes With the Booth Space? Â Table, chair, wastebasket are often provided to each exhibitor.
- Exhibit Display Restrictions â Height restrictions, how far forward in an inline booth space the display components can be placed. Side wall restrictions. Can a wall be against an aisle if the booth is an island? Lighting safety requirements.
- Early Deadlines for Ordering Show Services – This allows for discounts and assuring your required AV & labor are available.
- General Contractorâs Drayage Costs / Material Handling at Show Site (They are NOT the same as shipping. See the explanation below.) – Completing and Submitting their Drayage Payment Form
What IS Drayage?
Think of this as Hotel Butler Service you cannot avoid. You may be physically able to bring your own bags to your room, but because of the union rules at most convention facilities, both you or your carrier are not allowed to touch your freight on the show floor. Whether your items ship to the advanced warehouse or the show floor, you will have to pay for drayage to have your shipment moved to your booth space and back to the dock at the end of the show.
The fees for drayage are often much the same whether you ship to the advanced warehouse or direct to show. The benefit of shipping to the advanced warehouse is it can save on shipping costs by avoiding show site related surcharges, and it puts your shipment in the booth space early, so itâs waiting for you vs you waiting for your shipment to be received and brought to you.
Show Kit Services â ELITeXPO does offer Show Kit Completion Services. We can fill out your order forms and coordinate all services for you. Our fees for this service vary based on exhibit size and requirements. Contact ELITeXPO for more information at 800.543.5484 or email@example.com.