Many trade shows are postponing or cancelling across the US and the world over concerns from the Covid-19 virus. There are also many trade shows that have made the decision to continue on, as planned, but with additional health and safety measures added. The situation continues to be fluid so you want to frequently check with each showâ€™s management company and/or the association hosting the event to verify the current status of trade shows, conferences, and other events scheduled in March and April. We are also monitoring the status of upcoming events and working with customers to handle the logistics for any exhibit materials requiring re-routing.
We have been working with exhibitors last night and all day today who were in the middle of a move-in at Natural Products West Expo in Anaheim when they decided to postpone the event. International Housewares in Chicago has cancelled as have several other events. We are recovering freight directly from the show venues and from the advanced warehouses, depending on where the exhibit materials are currently located.
ELITeXPO is here to assist with any exhibit materials that you may need assistance with. Whether you need help getting your shipment back from a show that is no longer happening or you need temporary storage of your trade show materials until the showâ€™s rescheduled date, please give us a call and we will work to find the best solutions for you.
As of today, EXHIBITORLive is still proceeding as planned, as is the AAOS Annual Meeting, The Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exhibition in San Diego, and all Bobit Business Media events. Just to name a few.
Most shows that are still going on as planned are adding increased cleaning and disinfection across all high volume touchpoints, adding sanitizing and disinfecting materials for public use, adding signage regarding proper hygiene recommendations, and advising exhibitors and attendees to review the CDC’s travel health notices that are available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV .
As always, we are here and are working all shows that are going on as scheduled, as we normally would. We also have storage capabilities across the country, if needed. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-543-5484, if you have any questions.
In a couple days I will be making my annual pilgrimage to EXHIBITORLIVEÂ in Las Vegas, and as always I am very much looking forward to it. While the show has changed considerably since my 1st time participating back at the Ballyâ€™s Hotel in 1989, there are some things that havenâ€™t changed one bit. Itâ€™s for that very reason that I keep coming back for more.
Here are my top 9 reasons (in no particular order) that keep me coming back for more:
- There is no other industry gathering that affords you the opportunity to learn about new ideas and techniques specific to the face-to-face marking industry. Surrounding yourself around creative thinkers is stimulating, especially with so much talent that we have within our industry.
- This a reunion of sorts. Yes, I am a veteran of this conference, so I am blessed to be able to connect with so many old friends.
- Speaking of friends, there is no better industry gathering than EXHIBITORLIVEÂ to connect with new people and to make meet new friends.
- It is a great place to share with one another our successes, in addition to some of the struggles that we all face within the industry.
- You can learn current face-to-face marketing strategies that are working for your peers. I have always found that at EXHIBITORLIVEÂ ideas abound, there is always a nugget or two that you take home with you.
- Speaking of coming home, while you might return to the office physically tired, I always find myself returning emotionally charged and with a new sense of focus.
- No other conference affords you the opportunity to meet with tradeshow industry experts, both suppliers and end users over a three-day period. Sure, there are webinar sessions and on line tutorials that are helpful and informative, but letâ€™s face it, we are in the business of face-to-face marketing and nothing tops EXHIBITORLIVE
- As an industry supplier (self plug), there is no better place than this show to meet people that have a direct need for your services. There I said it, this is a great place to do business! (Visit ELITeXPO at Booth #1043)
- Oh, and last but not leastâ€¦ there are great networking events that offer great food, cold beverages and stimulating conversation.Â An honestly, nothing beats the Tuesday night Exhibit City News party!
Hope to cya out in Vegas. Have A Good Show!Â Cheersâ€¦Chuck
Chuck Michel / ELITeXPO Tradeshow Services Manager