While most of us are veterans handling outbound shipping from an event, some are quite new to the procedures. Both yourself and ELITeXPO want to be sure your booth items are recovered from show floor on schedule, as required.
So, Iâ€™d like to take a moment and quickly explain what your onsite rep and/or the dismantling crew should do after an event closes. Follow these steps and move-out will run very smoothly for all parties involved (Onsite Rep, Dismantling Crew, General Contractor, and finally, the Driver recovering the exhibit).
These items are very important to be sure the General Contractor (GC) loads your total pieces left in your booth on OUR truck.
- Prior to show break â€“ be sure you have OUR Outbound shipping docs (Bill of Lading/BOL & Labels) which are located in a Pink Envelope.
If not located, contact your Rep so they can Email immediately, or if enough time, send out another packet to Repâ€™s Hotel. Last resort, you can use GCs labels on site.
- Obtain a GCâ€™s BOL/MHA from their Service Desk on show floor. This document is VITAL to the GC as it tells them which carrier to load your shipment on.
- Once GCâ€™s BOL/MHA is obtained. Notate ELITeXPO as your Carrier and be sure the â€śBack to Warehouseâ€ť option is checked.
This allows us to regain possession of your shipment if something happens during move-out, whether our doing or GCâ€™s. Remember, we have a â€śNo Forceâ€ť Guarantee.
- Pack up all items and be sure each container/case/crate is closed and secured.
- Label EACH piece, even if items are going to be skidded. If items are palletized, please place (4) labels on the outside shrink-wrap so they are visible from all sides.
- GCâ€™s BOL/MHA MUST be returned to their Service Desk once you are done packing. This document should notate number of pieces left in the booth area on show floor.
i.e. 2 Black Cases, 3 Cartons, 1 Wood Crate, 1 Carpet, 1 Pad. If items are palletized, please note 1 Skid containing (10 Cartons â€“ 2 Black Cases).
- Finally, please call your Rep to advise GCâ€™s BOL/MHA# and number of pieces. If you can Scan/Text GCâ€™s BOL/MHA to you Rep, this is very helpful. Takes a few seconds.
Hi John, Iâ€™m at the ABC show in Chicago. Freemanâ€™s MHA#123-456789 and there are 10 pieces in booth. 7 Cases and 3 Cartons non-palletized.
Our Rep will then contact/forward the GCâ€™s BOL/MHA to our dispatcher and the driver recovering your exhibit materials so they can match everything up with the GCâ€™s Freight Supervisor.
We hope these tips will assist in providing smooth move-outs !!!
-TheEventDoctor – Rich Ryczek
ELITeXPO Senior Account Executive & Project Coordinator